Re: Grease for Rear Wheel

To: pelevesque@globetrotter.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Grease for Rear Wheel
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 09:59:12 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Paul-Ernest Levesque <pelevesque@globetrotter.net>

I forgot to grease the rear wheels bearings at assembly. And the rear
suspension and rear train is on the car. Can someone tell me if the
grease
fitting (zerk) under the wheel hub is for greasing the wheel bearing or
only
for the greasing the rear trunnion? Or both of them.

==AM==
Greasing that fitting will lubricate the wheel bearings only. Grease
isn't needed for the trunnion, as it's primarily a nylon bushing
arrangement. However, if you didn't when you first assembled it, you
might want to lightly coat the through-bolt with a light grease or a
never-seize compound. If you don't, you WILL regret it 5-10 years from
now. ;-)

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>

===     http://www.vtr.org