Head removal/engine protection

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Head removal/engine protection
From: "dtgebhard" <kimkell@decaturnet.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 11:25:00 -0500
Spitlisters:
    I plan to pull the head on my '72 Spit for a freshening job. Here's the
question, the car has to sit outside most of the winter with no head. How do
I protect the exposed motor? My thought was to lay several oil soaked rags
on it. The bonnett will still be on and a car cover so there's no chance of
direct moisture. I'm just concerned about ambient moisture. Also there won't
be any anti-freeze in it. Is this an issue also?
        Thanks
        Dave Gebhard
        72 Spit (soon to be "off with it's head!")

===     http://www.vtr.org