Re: Legality of the removal of front side marker lights...

To: "Smith, Brian (CP)" <BrianSmith1@templeinland.com>
Subject: Re: Legality of the removal of front side marker lights...
From: Jeff <fishplate@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 19:19:58 -0400
At 03:30 PM 10/17/05, you wrote:
>Listers..
>
>I have been contemplating removing the front marker lights and welding up
>the holes on my 1972 Spitfire.

Well, I've found that our LBCs are hard to see, especially at
night.  Unplug those lamps and get 100m away and see how visible you
are.  ~My~ opinion is that you need some side lighting...

Having said that, you aren't limited to what the car came with as original
equipment.  Go to a wrecking yard and have a look around, or look at a
quality aftermarket (and/or OEM) lighting supplier like Hella:

<http://www.hella.com/produktion/HellaPortal/WebSite/Internet_usa/ProductsServices/PDF/LEDLtg.pdf>

Has some nifty LED side marker lights,  The rest of their catalog is
at
<http://www.hella.com/produktion/HellaPortal/WebSite/Internet_usa/ProductsServices/On_Line_Catalogs/Products_Accessories/Products_Accessories.jsp>

Jeff Scarbrough     76 1500
Athens, Georgia         #354