Hose to nowhere on valve cover

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Hose to nowhere on valve cover
From: James Catalan <jackruby64@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 07:36:52 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings,
My '68 Mark 3 Spit has a Weber DGV carb installed, 1296cc engine. There is a 8
inch or so long piece of hose attached to my valve cover that goes... nowhere.
It's open on the end, and of course, leaks a little oil. Didn't this go to some
type of emission device or return unit of some kind originally, when the
factory carb was installed? Should I leave it open, or can I plug it with
something? There is a layer of oil accumulating on the underside of my bonnet,
I need some info and advice on this.
Thanks,
James

"A gentleman does not motor about after dark" Joseph Lucas 1923

Yahoo! for Good

===     http://www.vtr.org