Results of gearbox removal

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Results of gearbox removal
From: James Catalan <jackruby64@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 07:55:16 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings,
Well, it appears that my clutch is fine... however, the source of my grinding
problems appears to have been the fact that of the four bolts that hold the
flywheel to the engine, three were loose enough to turn with my fingers! To
everyone who gave me tips, etc, thank you. To anyone contemplating the daunting
task of removing your gearbox, it's not so bad.
James
1968 Mark 3 Spitfire "Katie"

"A gentleman does not motor about after dark" Joseph Lucas 1923