Removing an overdrive (questions)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Removing an overdrive (questions)
From: "M D \"Doc\" Nugent" <docnugent@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 08:00:47 -0700 (PDT)
With the body off the frame, I'll be removing the
overdrive, propshaft, relay, and OD mount to put them
on eBay (need money for other projects).

Do I also need to remove the whole shift lever, or
just the OD shift knob to make the OD "kit" complete
for a buyer (this is on my '71/'72-ish parts donor)?

And to run OD-less, I just need a non-OD driveshaft,
or other stuff, too?  Does the year of the replacement
driveshaft matter?  I have a '78 and a '80, but none
from a '71 or '72.

Thanks,
M D "Doc" Nugent
Renton, WA (USA)