Re: Water temp gauge - reads hot

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Water temp gauge - reads hot
From: elliottr@rmi.net
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 09:38:34 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
If you are going by that test make sure you can acutally get the full amount of
gas in after running out of gas.

My Spitfire always runs out of gas at about 1/4 or 1/3 left on the gauge.  On
the other hand,  I can only put 6-7 gallons in after running out of gas.  So I
decided it isn't getting to the bottom of the tank.  I bent the pickup tube
down so it is closer to the bottom so I go a little further now.

Roger Ellliot