RE: cable update and button snaps.

To: "'Spitfire 1500'" <s1500@comcast.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: cable update and button snaps.
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 12:57:17 -0700
The problem with using motor oil to lubricate any speedo or tach cable
is that when the weather gets very cold, the lubricant causes the cable
to move sluggishly inside the housing.  Since Graphite is a dry
lubricant, it dies not congeal when the temperature plummets.

I always use graphite that is suspended in a liquid.  It makes it easer
to apply and when the liquid evaporates, it leaves the graphite in a dry
state so it does its thing.

Joe