RE: 1300 small journal bearings

To: "Bill Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>,
Subject: RE: 1300 small journal bearings
From: doug@dougbraun.com
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 13:37:05 -0400
At 05:21 PM 5/19/2005 +0100, Bill Davies wrote:

The Israel-made bearings are undoubtedly made by "King":
www.king-bearings.com

Doug Braun

I assume "County" is an importer/distributor.

BTW, I recently had a near-death experience with a County-branded made-in-India
rocker arm shaft:

I installed it, and when I re-checked the valve adjustments couple of weeks
later,
I noticed that the front 4 rocker arms looked rather dry of oil.  I removed the
shaft,
and by blowing air through the oil intake hole, I realized there was an
internal blockage
in the middle that prevented any oil from flowing forward past that point.

I cut the shaft apart and discovered this: the central oil passage was
created by drilling from each end towards the middle.  Unfortunately
in this case, they did not drill far enough, and the two holes did not quite
meet.

You can bet I carefully checked the replacement shaft before installing it!

Doug Braun
'72 Spit