Spitfire/Herald (and Triumph 10) outer rear wheel bearing

To: Herald948@aol.com
Subject: Spitfire/Herald (and Triumph 10) outer rear wheel bearing
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 16:37:12 EDT
I was asked: "I was doing so well with the TR10 until the left rear wheel
bearing went last week. out. Know where I can get one?" Looking it up, I
determined that, assuming this is the outer hub bearing, it is the  same as the
outer bearing used on all Spitfires and Heralds. Triumph's part  number is
104585,
or Moss Motors part number  525-080.

At quick glance of  online vendors, Moss seems to be about the only vendor
who sells the outer  bearing separately; the others only seem to list it as
part
of a complete kit  that also includes an inner bearing that is not used on
the live-axle  Triumph 10.

Does anyone know of  other vendors (no offense to Moss intended!) that carry
just the one bearing?  (Yes, I did also suggest taking the old bearing to a
bearing supply company  for possible matching or cross-referencing.)

Thanks!

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)