Re: Differential rebuilding article

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Differential rebuilding article
From: Barry Schwartz <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 05:08:23 -0700
Thanks -
While I will talk about a few tools that I have made since I have done a
number of rear ends for the Spitfire and some that aren't really needed,
there are unfortunately some special tools and procedures that one must do
or have to do the job correctly - of course these will be pointed out and
why they are necessary - and if possible I will provide drawings - I'm sure
that some things like photos will be limited by what restrictions are
required by the magazine -
>A most useful thing IMO would be a description of the way you work
>around the various special tools called for in the factory service
>manual.  Wire drawings also tend to be very usefull, as opposed to
>photographs.  Especially of some fabricated or modified tools.

Barry Schwartz (San Diego)