Re: Triumph Wire Wheel Hub Interchange

To: ZoboHerald@aol.com, spitfires@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Triumph Wire Wheel Hub Interchange
From: "M D \"Doc\" Nugent" <docnugent@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 10:17:56 -0700 (PDT)
Andy's right about the PCD (bolt circle to 'mericans)
being different, but it looks to me like there's
enough meat on the flange to have a 2nd bolt circle
(3.75" diam.) added to the stock TR2/3/4 bolt circle
(4.5" diam.) if rotated 45 degrees, of course.

HOWEVER, if you did modify TR2/3/4 splined hub
adapters to fit a Spit/GT6 car, you'd then have to use
the 15" wire wheels from a TR2/3/4 as well because the
"nose" of the adapters is longer for the "big"
Triumphs and shorter for the "little" Triumphs.

All of this works to one's advantage when building a
Burlington, because that rebody requires 15" wheels on
a Spitfire/Herald chassis.

Also, not asked, but may be relevant, I think the
knockoffs themselves of Spits and TR's can be
interchanged.  A visual comparison would confirm, but
I'm pretty sure they both have the same 8TPI threads.

M D "Doc" Nugent
Renton, WA (USA)