NO LBC Florida residents boat mfg question NO LBC

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: NO LBC Florida residents boat mfg question NO LBC
From: Barry Schwartz <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 06:36:28 -0700
I hate to bomb the list with stuff like this, but have run out of options,
and with such a diverse group, possibly some of you may have seen what I am
looking for.  I have been trying to find a manufacturer of a particular
personal watercraft that we have seen (and actually ridden)  in Tahiti.  I
"believe" the name of the craft is Sea Tookai, but even that is not for
certain.  Basically it looks like a pair of flat surfboards about 10 feet
long, arranged as a catamaran or pontoon boat with a pair of seats mounted
side by side on a centrally mounted platform connection the pontoons
together.  An outboard of around 25HP is mounted aft between the floats and
the craft is steered with a stick (like an aircraft) as opposed to a
steering wheel.  I seem to recall that these were manufactured in Florida
which is why I thought that anybody living in that state might have seen or
knows of the craft that I am describing.  I have searched the net but have
found absolutely nothing but a few sites in Tahiti referencing the boats
under Sea Cata, or Funnycats, but that's about it.  If anybody knows any
thing about them, please contact me off list

Thanks
Barry Schwartz (San Diego)