Re: Interrior Question

To: rst-john@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Interrior Question
From: doug@dougbraun.com
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 21:23:39 -0400
Hello,

I redid my seats a couple of years ago with new foams and covers from Rimmer
Bros.
The covers were nice, but the foam pieces were not so good.  The problem was
that
the foam along the sides of the seat base was not dense enough, and you did not
end up with enough lateral support.  The original seat base foams were made of
molded
latex sponge rubber, which is a high-quality and expensive material.  As far as
I know,
none of the repro suppliers use this material because of the high cost of the
material
itself and the required tooling.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit