Heater box plumbing

To: "SpitfireMailList" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Heater box plumbing
From: "Ed Hamilton" <h_edward@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:30:16 -0400
If someone has a few good photos of the hose routing for the subject area, I
would certainly appreciate them.

I believe the path to be: From the engine inlet manifold to the heater
control valve, out the back of the valve, into the left-hand side of the
heater box, through the box and exiting the right-hand side into the pipe
from the water pump and back into the engine??

I seem to remember there was some type of a "T" in these lines to allow the
water to bypass and recirculate when the heater valve is closed??  Am I
correct here?? If so, I would love the pics or a good explanation of the
routing.  I put things back together (as above, without the bypass" and find
that I have a slight drip at the control valve.  I think this may be due to
the water pressure in the line - again with the question marks??

Best regards,

Ed Hamilton