Re: wish

To: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wish
From: "Livia Haasper" <wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:50:04 -0400
Larry,
we've completed a Spit and are now pouring money into the GT6. Not only do the
parts add up, the hours of
labour do even more.
And, the other day, when I needed a part for the GT6,I called on a person
someone recommended. Apparently he had a lot of parts for sale, cheaply. Not
so.
$ 800 later we came home with a small box of parts in the boot of the Spit.
However, some of those parts were expensive ones, like a dual break master
cylinder and others.
So, the moral of the story is: When a nicely restored Spit comes up for sale
and the price tag is rather high, someone has put a lot of money and effort
into the car, and it's 'MAYBE' worth the money???

As for working hard... it's a hot muggy day here in Ottawa and I've spent
several 14 hours work days cleaning and painting the garage/work shop.
I've promised myself to clean up the mess after the body work was finished on
the GT6. I'm keeping my promise and can't wait to 'EVENTUALLY' park a freshly
painted Triumph in the clean garage...

Cheers
Liv