Re: Slow Spit, Maybe a new reason

To: NASS <nass@yahoogroups.com>, Spitlist <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Slow Spit, Maybe a new reason
From: Bob Greene <rgreene@whoi.edu>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 08:54:41 -0400
First off THANKS! for all the suggestions. I may have a new development
that might have effected my acceleration. My wife took the spit for a
little ride yesterday. While she had it out the throttle cable snapped.
Looking at it last night, it looks like the cable has been holding on by
a single strand of cable just at the accelerator pedal? Maybe it was not
opening the carbs all the way? I'll order a new on today, maybe, just maybe.
    It gets better, while at work yesterday, I had my 76 TR6. One of my
staff that delivers interoffice mail. T-boned into the passenger side of
my TR6. Not just a love tap, he pushed my car sideways for 3.5 feet.
    Looks to need a new Bonnet, fender, bumper, side marker lite & door.
Oh yeah, also a radiator, as he rammed my alum. shroud into the rad.
    Bummed
Bob