Re: Battery drain

To: public@sweavo.34sp.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery drain
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 14:18:07 -0400
In a message dated 5/27/2004 11:34:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
public@sweavo.34sp.com writes:

> You're talking control box here, right?  IIRC there are two 'regulators' on
>the
> dynamo/generator spits: the big one (control box) that charges the battery,
>and
> disappears when the spit moves to alternator, and the small one (voltage
> stabilizer) that regulates the voltage to the instruments.  I've got in
> terrible knots attempting to discuss one or other of these in the past with
>the
> ambiguity.

=====

Don't we all have that problem?

Yes, I was referring to the voltage regulator (what the British call the
control box), the Lucas RB106 or whatever model it is, to regulate the output
of the generator (dynamo) -- NOT the Smiths voltage stabilizer (stabiliser).
Regardless, I feel that calling the latter item a regulator isn't quite correct
on either side of the Atlantic, but that's me. :-)

--Andy Mace