RE: Engine Compartment - Cardboard Panels

To: "'Chris Foster'" <cfoster@eppcon.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine Compartment - Cardboard Panels
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@COX.NET>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 08:37:52 -0700
I don't know if I agree that those cardboard (or aluminum) panels really
do a whole lot of good in assisting in engine cooling.  I have never had
them on my street Spit and down here in sunny Arizona, I have never had
overheating problems.

I think those panels do more for keeping water off the engine (from the
tires) than cooling.  But since it doesn't rain much here in AZ, I don't
feel the need to install them.

The panels in front of the radiator are very much instrumental in
assisting cooling since they direct cool air into the radiator rather
than around it.

Cheers,
Joe