RE: GT6 / Spit doors

To: <parrotthead01@comcast.net>, "'Nolan Penney'"
Subject: RE: GT6 / Spit doors
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@COX.NET>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 14:13:55 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Parrott [mailto:parrotthead01@comcast.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 2:06 PM
To: Joe Curry; 'Nolan Penney'; spitfires@autox.team.net

Depends (for me) on the stage of restoration and the quality of the
paint
job.  I'd rather exchange all of the innards of a door than try to match
the
metallic undercoat paint onto a new set of GT-6 doors

Dan Parrott
Savannah, Ga

There is one other determining factor I neglected to indicate.  That is
whether or not the door latches are the same on both models.  If they
are not, you would have to change the latches on the B post for the
replacement doors to work.  Sometimes that is more difficult than
replacing the door guts!

Joe