Re: It Runs!

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: It Runs!
From: "Spitfire 1500" <s1500@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 19:43:18 -0500
I had the same problem when I installed the pierce manifold + Weber carb.
Engine only ran when I floored it.

The problem was I didn't ground the manifold enough. There was still air
getting in there. WIth such a tight fit, I'm not surprised.

Here's what I do. Take a piece of paper and slide it between the intake and
exhaust manifold. If you can't get a piece of paper through, they are
pushing against each other, hence making the air leak. Carefully grind the
manifold a bit more(just enough so the piece of paper slips through) and try
it again. it will take a bit of trial and error. But I found the "paper
between the 2" was the easiest indicator if they were pushing against each
other.

Kids love the rich taste of web content!
http://british.nerp.net