Tuning carbs question...

To: "Spitfire" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tuning carbs question...
From: "David Mayer" <celiracer81@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 12:33:58 -0500
I started my '68 Spit Mk3 with dual Su's up ther other day and tried tuning
them.  However, nothing seems to be working!  I have the tool that you place
over the intake and the little ball inside goes up.  When i placed it over the
front carb, the ball goes all the way to the top.  When the toll is over the
rear carb, the little ball stays down at the bottom.

What am i NOT doing that would get these to sync up?  The engine still runs
decent but not as smooth as it could be.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
  David