Re: dead or just tired engine?

To: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>,
Subject: Re: dead or just tired engine?
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 11:34:21 -0400
James...as far as the idle going up wit hthe cap off....
that's to be expected. I'm assuming you have a breather pipe
from the rocker cover to the carbs?  Removing the cap
lets the carbs pull in more air so it's like opening the carb
butterflies up just a tiny bit. This is normal.
If the car starts idling much below 900, the oil pressure
starts dropping rather quickly.  On my GT6, I can easily make it
idle as low as 450 rpm. At that speed, a 'hot' idle, my pressure
gauge is barely registering. At 850 it'll barely maintain 20psi.
At 900-1000, it'll stay above 25psi  no problem.

Did you bleed the air out of the gauge line?

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com