RE: chrome wings

To: "Hermann Gudmundsson" <dolli69@hotmail.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: chrome wings
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 08:06:50 -0400
Sounds like the "wing finishers that go on the weld between the sides and
tops of the fenders.  Try spitbits.com.  They have a nice selection of parts
at reasonable prices and their catatlogue has a parts breakout for the
early spitfires.  You can also try http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/.  They have
a great selection of parts buy you will pay more for the shipping.  They run
specials throughout the year for free shipping if you aren't in a hurry and
can't find the parts anywhere else. I don't know of any chrome parts on the
doors.  There is a rubber window seal on the outside of the window.  The
shields are named engine bay valance boards.  Check for availablility as
above.  Absolutely no financial or other interest.
Pete

Hi, I am looking for the wings that are supposed to be on my spitfire mk3
1968, there are front and rear chrome wings......I think there are supposed
to be some kind of chrome wings on the doors also but I have no idea what
its called. But those are the "wings" I need.

I also need to know what shields in the engine compartment are called....I
think it is to stop dirt and wet coming from the tires into the engine room.
It is supposed to be on either side of the engine.