Oil Pressure Gauge

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Pressure Gauge
From: drsnydr@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 20:34:57 +0000
Hello all.  I'm thinking about installing a mechanical oil pressure gauge on my
'76 Spit.  I've bought the gauge and know where it's going inside (I hope,
anyway), but I can't decide on whether I should use a "T" fitting at the block
so I can keep the factory switch/dash light.  On one hand, that's 2 more
fittings that could develop a leak; OTOH, maybe there's some important function
that would be missing if the switch is gone?  And, I'd be giving up a potential
warning system redundancy (although it seems like if the dash light comes on,
it's too late to do anything anyway).  Any thoughts?  Also, I'm planning on
just jacking up the left side of the car about 10" since I'm nowhere near an
oil change - any reason to think that wouldn't prevent oil from leaking out
whilst I'm working on this?  Thanks in advance,
Russell