Re: Smiths Electric Tacho Adjustment

To: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Smiths Electric Tacho Adjustment
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 07:33:00 -0400
Yes James you 'can' tweak them.   I've got a 1500
4 cyl tach that is now all set up for my GT6's 6 cyl
engine and is accurate across the whole scale.

A simple trim pot (~50K ohms) boot strapped across
pins 4 to 8 of the integrated ckt on the board inside your
tach is all that's needed (and a known good tach to calibrate
it against.

For a simple scale shift, you might want to use a >500K pot
as you don't need to shift it much.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com