Re: Spray painting parts?

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spray painting parts?
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@COX.NET>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 18:03:50 -0400
At 08:44 PM 4/6/2004 -0400, Andrew Beck wrote:

>So what is the general consensus about spray painting parts to make them
>look nice?  As I take off the water pump, checking the thermostat cover and
>the head cover they are a bit tatty...  I was thinking of cleaning them up
>and spraying them with high heat black or something....

Andy,

While many have said Powder coat it, youre idea of paint is fine.  Many
have the space and equipment to powder coat, but $60 to $200 for a powder
coating setup, and $10 to a couple of hundred dollars for a stove, a
$4 can of paint sure looks mity good.

I'd like to get into powder coating, but right now I don't have the space
for the stove in my garage.  Maybe next car.

But bottom line is anything to help protect the metal and make it easier
to work on.

John

Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                       65 Rambler Classic