Replacing Front Shocks & Springs

To: "'Spitlist'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Replacing Front Shocks & Springs
From: "Martin Pearce" <dungey@pearcem95.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 14:05:48 -0000
Guys

Bit if help if I may on my Sunday afternoon job.

Am replacing front springs and shocks on my Mk1 Spit.  Its taken a while to
get the old unit out but have managed it without losing much skin.

Putting the new one in is a different story.  Have got the bottom of the
shock into the lower wishbone.  The top is a different story.  Am a few mils
away from getting the top to fit back in.  Its not so much the 3 bolts but
more the centre bolt of the shock.  However much I push down on the
wishbone, there still isnt enough room to get the top to go in.

Is there a knack I am missing out on?  Its like I need to compress the
spring to get it to fit.

cheers

Martin
'63 Spit 4