RE: Engine SPLASH GUARD MK3

To: "'Paul-Ernest Levesque'" <pelevesq@globetrotter.net>,
Subject: RE: Engine SPLASH GUARD MK3
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@COX.NET>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:51:51 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: spitfires-owner@autox.team.net
[mailto:spitfires-owner@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Paul-Ernest
Levesque
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 1:26 PM
To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine SPLASH GUARD MK3

  Hello I see many pictures of Spitfires MK3  engine compartements with
no
SPLASH GUARD, what is the preference, any comments on this ???
Yhank you
Paul-Ernest

Depends if you drive a lot in wet weather.  The splash guards are great
to keep the water off the engine but get in the way of doing
maintenance.  Since I don't drive my Spits in inclement weather, I leave
them off.

There is talk that the things help cooling but I can't see any
difference without them in the very hot area I live.

Joe