RE: Vertical Links & Trunnions

To: "'Martin Pearce'" <dungey@pearcem95.freeserve.co.uk>,
Subject: RE: Vertical Links & Trunnions
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@COX.NET>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 14:38:55 -0700
Martin,
It depends on whether you are talking about the front or rear.

On the front, you can usually determine if the trunnions are in need or
replacement by removing them and see if you have any appreciable play in
the two parts.  If so, replace.  You can do it yourself.

On the rear, check for worn holes in the attaching pieces.  If the
vertical link holes are oval, you will have to replace the entire part.
But if only the plastic inserts or the metal sleeve are worn, you can
simply replace those pieces and they are pretty inexpensive.

JOe