Re: Pin Dropped Out, Help Requested

To: kirkbcrawford@kirkanddonna.com
Subject: Re: Pin Dropped Out, Help Requested
From: sinclair@degenkolb.com
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:39:56 -0800
I had a similar problem but I believe that it was the opposite end - the
pin from the clutch slave pushrod to the release arm - the opposite end of
the clutch arm if I read you correctly.  Pain in the butt to replace as
involved removing the tranny.  The second time it happened in the middle of
nowhere I just added a spacer in the line of the clutch pushrod and it
worked.  It actually continued to work just fine for a few years after that
until the car met an untimely demise.  I don't know that this applies in
your case because I'm not sure what the clutch arm would bear against in
the absence of the pin.  Might be worth a crack though.

I think if I have to were to have the transmission out again I'd add
retaining clips or pins to prevent the main pins from falling out.  They
seem to wear the holes into an oval and then drop out at some point, as you
found.

Good luck.
Mark Sinclair