Re: Still coming together...

To: "David Mayer" <celiracer81@hotmail.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Still coming together...
From: Dave Chu <dave@ece.concordia.ca>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 00:35:49 -0400
In message <BAY8-F13vg0rBk6UV190000eb98@hotmail.com>you write:
>1.) Where does one pour gear fluid for the transmission?  Do i take off the
>gear shifter arm and pour straight into there.  I can't seem to locate any
>other sort of filler hole.

    On my 78 the filler hole in on the right side (or passenger for North
    American models).  You can reach it from under the car but will need
    a long tube connected to the oil bottle to squeeze in the fluid.

>2.) Where can i get a set of convertible top snaps for around the outside,
>rear, of the top?  Only 4 of mine are still functional and i plan on
>replacing them all anyways when i paint the car.

    Try your local car upholstry or marine shop.

>3.) I am in need of new rocker panels.  mine are destroyed.  where can i get
>a pair for the best price?

    No help there, but you can always try places like Spitbits.

>4.) The PO decided to do some welding work with the interior still inide.
>Burned a hole through the floor cought the seat on fire as well as the
>wiring harnessalong the driver side panel.  SO all of those wires are
>destroyed.  Should i:
>
>a. Replace the whole wiring harness throughout the car?
>b. Re-wire just those wires going to the rear of the car?
>c. Cry?

   You can try to repair it, if I remember correctly there are only 6-8
   wires going to the rear of the car.  When repairing the wires don't
   just solder the wires together you must twist them togeter fist to have
   a good mechanically connection, and try to use heat shrink to seal the
   joints.

Dave                                                  |\ |     | |