RE: spitfire running on

To: "'Alan Lemen'" <ralemen@cableone.net>, <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: spitfire running on
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@COX.NET>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:56:54 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: spitfires-owner@autox.team.net
[mailto:spitfires-owner@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Alan Lemen
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 1:18 PM
To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: spitfire running on

I have a friend with a spitfire which runs after the ignition has been
turned off. It has a new switch. Only way to stop it is to remove the
wire to the coil. It runs like normal not just brief run on. Any ideas
before I head over and try to diagnose it. They know a lot about LBCs
but this one has them stumped and they asked me as I know a lot about
electrics.

Alan

Alan, he doesn't happen to have an after-market electronic ignition
installed, does he.  If so, he may have to put a diode in the ignition
lamp circuit.  Some capacitive discharge ignition systems will get
enough power coming through that circuit to continue to fire the
electronics without the key being on.

Joe