coolant hose problems - weber carb

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: coolant hose problems - weber carb
From: "Spitfire 1500" <s1500@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 17:52:37 -0500
I dunno what to do any more.

Any attempt at getting a hose linkage underneath the Pierce manifold has
failed.

1. Rubber hose broke
2. Leaked
3. Had the hose closest to the temp sensor break for no reason(Thankfully I
was wearing goggles). That's been fixed.

One problem is that there's almost no clearance underneath the manifod to
get a hose clamp on, or in some cases even a hose underneath there.

How I have it setup is the hose going back(furthest from the front)  goes
from manifold, rubber hose, small metal hose, rubber hose and to to the
metal hose work that lies over the transmission. Either way, after 2 minutes
of driving it's spitting or leaking coolant everywhere. The idea for the
metal hose in-betwen was so it wouldn't melt the rubber hose that might get
too close to the header.

Can it be bypassed completely? It looks as if the manifold gets plenty of
heat from the super-hot 4-2-1 header. Can I just clamp a long hose from the
engine block(next to the temp sensor) to the metal hose over the tranny? I'm
running out of ideas here.
Kids love the rich taste of web content!
http://british.nerp.net