MK2 Dimmer Switch

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: MK2 Dimmer Switch
From: My79Spitfire@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:49:10 EDT
Hello all,

I received an email from a friend today.  It seems that he has a mechanical
quandary!  The headlight dimmer switch on his car (located on the right side
of
the steering column) decided it was time to quit the headlight dimming
business.  This served to render the car headlightless.  Unfortunately the Mk2
switches seem to be rarer than the Hope Diamond....not available in any way
shape
or form.  He called The Roadster Factory. They had Mk3 switches but the woman
on the phone checked their computer which said the Mk3 switches are not
compatible.  His Mk2 switch was a three position switch...dim, dimmer and off.
He
could happily do without the off position if the switch is otherwise
compatible.
 Anyway, the broken switch has been bypassed and we now have lights
(generally a very good thing), but he'd like to return to the original system
if
possible.  If anyone has a source or a spare switch, please let me know.
Thanks.

Geof Bush
Please Sponsor Me?  I will be driving my Spitfire to benefit the Hemophilia
Foundation:  <A HREF="www.mibrr.com">www.mibrr.com</A>
North American Spitfire Squadron (NASS) - Member #11
NASS MASH Coordinator
Michigan NASS Wing Commander
Detroit Triumph Sportscar Club
Vintage Triumph Registry