Re: rear disc

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rear disc
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 06:22:16 -0400
http://swalwellguitars.com/spit6/rearbrakes.htm  This link has some
information about fitting up the X-1/9 rotors to a Spitfire or GT6, even
a few pictures.

New rotors are only about $15-20 as I recall.  You've got some
machining to do to them in order for them to fit.  Can't remember about
the calipers, sorry.  There are some conversation threads on the SCCA
road racing forum as several racers run the X-1/9 rear disc brakes.

I'd be concerned about the condition of these rotors and calipers.
Used ones laying in a parts bin tend to need a rebuild at the very
least, and often times are simply junk.

Frames don't bring diddly on the market.  I haven't even been able to
give some of them away around here.  So unless you truly need a frame, I
wouldn't take it as payment on a $120 debt.

>>> "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net> 08/09/03 01:09PM >>>
Here's a question for anyone that's up on this.
I have seen references to X-19 rear discs on the Spit, but can't find
much
detail about it.
A local guy owes me a block and crank, I paid $120.00. He has the
calipers
and discs off a X-19. Should I take the brakes instead? He also has a
'80
Spit frame he would like me to take instead of the block and crank.
It could be months before he comes up with a block and crank.
Any suggestions?

The information contained in this communication may be confidential, is
privileged.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this
communication to the sender and delete the original message and any copy of it
from your computer system. Thank you.