RE: Soft-Top preservatives

To: <JohnZissler@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Soft-Top preservatives
From: "Chris Foster" <cfoster@eppcon.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 17:31:35 -0400
>From: JohnZissler@aol.com [mailto:JohnZissler@aol.com]
>Subject: Soft-Top preservatives
>
>         Somewhere on here and on TTN there is a thread that would tell me
>what sort of preservative to use on a soft-top but can i find it !!!!!!!!
>Nope.
>So can some kind soul tell me what is the very best stuff to rub into a
>soft-top to preserve it.

Being relatively new to owning a spitfire... I have previously keep quite on
the list as I have found that most people seem to have more in-depth answers
than I can provide.  But with that said, I think I can offer some help here.

Having recently put a new top on Little Vic (my '76 spit), I went looking for
ways to preserve her new top.  In my search (also searching to preserve some
vinyl seats in a family boat), I came across a product called McGuire's Vinyl
and Rubber cleaner/protector (blue/green bottle found in the boating section in
Canadian Tire - for those who shop in Canada).  As a marine product, I have
found it to be far better than any of the automotive products I had previously
tried.  I was surprised to see how well it worked both on the black vinyl and
on the clear windows!  And from a boating perspective, it has done a great job
to removing pollen and other crap and as a bonus it has kept it off!

Chris & Little Vic