TRYING TO FIGURE OUT ROD BEARINGS SIZE

To: spitfires-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: TRYING TO FIGURE OUT ROD BEARINGS SIZE
From: Stardust8410@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 19:44:17 EDT
Hi all,  I Have recently removed the rod bearings on my spitfire, which has a
1980 1500 engine in it, I did what I thought was a correct
measurement/calculation to figure out the correct size to order, but it was
wrong, I've got new
bearings .040   which are way off, someone suggested these may be standard,
which is what? .0000?  these bearings are marked on the outside edges with VP
5105  AND  149081, Can anyone tell me with these numbers what sized bearings I
need to be ordering???

  Any and all info is always appreciated.

    Thanks, Todd