Re: TRF Road Trip Music

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TRF Road Trip Music
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 18:46:58 -0600 (MDT)
Hope all those attending VR have fun this year.  If any problems arise which
require the intervention of the VTR Autocross Advisor, I'll be busy that day ;-)
Okay, a short email note to page-mjb@autox.team.net may reach me in Wendover.

I wish I were on the road myself.  Actually, this topic on traveling music
is probably more suited for other lists like the-local@autox.team.net
And more on editing replies in a day or so.  Sheesh.

The CD I was listening to on the way home from the U this afternoon is one I
made for the annual FCG Beach Party, it has some good rockin' road trip tunes,
amongst others:

  Title                     Artist             Album
Summer Days               Bob Dylan          Love & Theft
Soak up the Sun           Cheryl Crow        C'mon, C'mon
Do You Want to Dance      Beach Boys
Come Dancin'              The Kinks
Old Time Rock & Roll      Bob Seger
Rockin' Robin             Jackson Five
Johnny B. Goode           Chuck Berry        Golden Hits
Only the Good Die Young   Billy Joel         The Stranger
Thunder Road              Bruce Springsteen
Mustang Sally             The Commitments    The Commitments Soundtrack
Pink Cadillac             Bruce Springsteen
A Minor Swing             Django Reinhardt   The_Best_of_Django_Reinhardt
Layla                     Eric Clapton       Unplugged
 [This was supposed to be the electric Derek & Dominoes cut, I mis-moused ]

Mony Mony                 Billy Idol         Vital Idol
Memphis in the Meantime   Sam Bush           Icecaps
Reptile Palace            Reptile Palace Orchestra
Liquored Up               Southern Culture on the Skids
You and Me and the Bottle Brian Setzer Orchestra
Slow Down                 Elvin Bishop