Re: Gaydon Centenary meeting

To: "Spitfires List" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gaydon Centenary meeting
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 08:52:51 +0100
Bill Davies wrote:
That's the prototype Stag fastback, only one built as far as I am aware.
Triumph experimanted with the fastback roofline on a number of prototypes - I
am aware of Herald and 2000/2.5 fastbacks being built as well as the Stag
pictured at Gaydon. The Stag is the only one I've ever seen on the show
circuit, but up until 2 years ago at least the Herald and 2000 survived in
some form,

That particular Stag fastback was built for a senior Rover-Triumph individual
by the name of Bernard 'Buster' Jackman - now no longer with us. The car has
been with its current owner for quite a number of years and 'lives' about
three miles from me and usually goes out on high days and holidays. As far as
the remaining (?) 2000 fastback is concerned, I believe it was submitted for a
major rebuild about 18 months - 2 years ago and has yet to emerge in a fanfare
of trumpets following its completion. I've no idea what's happened to the
Herald that Bill refers to.

Jonmac