Re: Mallory dual point distributor

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mallory dual point distributor
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 15:06:56 -0700 (PDT)
I am admittedly a DCO (D*m* current owner) and will
not deny that I bought the shiny aluminum Mallory to
replace the old dingy perfectly fine working 30 year
old Lucas 25D that was on my Spitfire.
There was absolutely no performance difference after
installation. So, yes, I wasted $200 (+$15 with the
additional spring kit), but MAN does it look shiney.
Of course, since my car is running like a crapper at
the moment, it is currently looking the very pretty
accessory on my 1800 lb. lawn ornament.
But I was asking because, while trying to figure out
why the car won't go more then 3 feet without stalling
I found that there was a difference between the "from
factory setting" and the stock advance.
I do plan on getting the new engine completed before
2004. (high compression 1550cc, triple cut seats,
fully flowed ported polished head, yadda yadda.) So
maybe it will actually work for the best when all is
said and done.
-Terry