Re: Cylinder Heads - differences?

To: "SpitList" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Cylinder Heads - differences?
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 23:31:01 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>

> OK, re-reading Joe Curry's post I see that I mis-read it so my post is
> misleading. However, my question is valid still. Early Triumph exhaust
> manifolds (not cylinder head) most assuredly have a combined center exhaust
> opening for cylinders 2+3 - I can post a picture of mine if you like. There
> is no center divider. It is from a MKII, and has Stanpart with the part
> number cast right into it. So did Triumph ever make one with a divider? I'm
> thinking no, as someone with a 79 (complete with cat + EGR, which mine does
> not have fittings for) wrote to say that his is the same as mine as to the
> openings.

Surely the MkII manifold was a tubular item rather than cast? I have several of
the MkI Spitifre and Herald TC types which have distinct ports cast to match
each port in the head, plus my later MkIII & MkIV manifolds are similarly
arranged. The only tubular manifold I have for an 1147 is a combined
inlet/outlet type to accomodate a Weber 40 DCOE, so hardly a Stanpart original.
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics