Re: Sagging Spit?

To: Bob Greene <rgreene@whoi.edu>
Subject: Re: Sagging Spit?
From: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 22:44:26 +0100
Bob,

Replacing the rear spring is easy, you just need lots of energy to undo
the bolts that hold the spring on to the diff :)

2 people are useful to get the spring out as it usually needs a bit of a
wiggle. I do believe there is even a tool to help do this - but that
seems a bit excessive.

A leaf may be broken in the middle of the spring - like mine was:

http://www.pbase.com/jcarruthers/rearspringswap1

(2nd down, 2nd across)

My tip is to get the spring in and on to the diff studs, then put the
bolts through the eyes of the spring, then do up the bolts on the diff
studs. It may well tell you to do this in the Haynes manual.... but Im
not one for reading all the instructions once I get going :)

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit (finally delivered back to me on the back of a
flat bed truck just over 2 hours ago!)