Re: Limited LBC Content

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Limited LBC Content
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 08:53:59 +0100
On Tue, 13 May 2003, at around 20:24:56 local time, Geoff Heyland
<gheyland@odyssey.on.ca> wrote:
>For all the Brits on the list, I have a query from a fellow Canadian who is
>heading to the UK shortly and plans to do a lot of driving - apparently there
>are "exclamation marks" (!) painted on the roadways over there in some spots -
>can anyone tell me what they mean?  I assume it is a warning of some kind!

I don't think I've ever seen any painted on the roads, but there is a
triangular roadsign that consists of an exclamation mark.   It means "We
are warning you about a hazard that we don't have a specific sign for".
Usually, but not always, the precise nature of the hazard is explained
on a little board beneath the triangular sign.

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671