1980 Spit seat upholstery

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1980 Spit seat upholstery
From: "Donald Harget" <dharget@midsouth.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 16:06:24 -0500
Hi everyone,

I've been a lurker on the list for years and have a question about the odd
seat upholstery on my 1980 Spit. It is vinyl with cloth inserts, but the
cloth is not the houndstooth material. It's a light brown cloth material
with vertical seams. Interior code is C74. I bought the car in 1999 from the
original owner and he says the seats have never been replaced or recovered.
The seat tracks and handles appear to be the same as other late model spits.
I'm ready to recover these and need to know if this material is available.
If not, will the houndstooth covers fit? I will be replacing the seat foam
also as most of it is gone.

Thanks in advance

Donnie Harget

1980 Spitfire