TRIMPH Spitfire

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: TRIMPH Spitfire
From: sinclair@degenkolb.com
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 10:10:39 -0700
Help !
I seem to have lost u...err... a "U".
I'd like to get an original one rather than a repro - is there anyone out
there who has one to spare?

One a related item.....
My Spitfire came minus the letters on the bonnet & bootlid.
They seem to have been bondo'd and painted over.  I plan to rectifying
this.

Should I try to drill the holes out, or go with the tape system suggested
by (I think) Joe Curry?
My paint job is pretty rough but I'd hate to chip big pieces off while
trying to drill the holes out.
I'm thinking that the pins and holes should line up pretty well if I stick
with the original letters - I seem to recall that the problem with
pin-to-hole alignment was related to the repro letters.  Has anyone else
had success in tranplanting the letters from one car to anyone - are the
holes typically well aligned?

Thanks
Mark Sinclair