Fwd: Re: My First Spitfire... before the anesthetic wears

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Re: My First Spitfire... before the anesthetic wears
From: Henry Stike <stiker2126@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 06:34:49 -0700 (PDT)
Note: forwarded message attached.

__________________________________
http://search.yahoo.com
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 06:29:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: Henry Stike <stiker2126@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: My First Spitfire... before the anesthetic wears off...
To: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Cc: spitlist@autox.team.net

James, sorry to hear about your loss. Glad you were
not hurt. Been off list as doing system upgrade.

As some may know, Henry did a frame off restoration
and
rebuild of his spitty. He worked almost 24/7 from when
he got out of school in May til Sept til school
started again. On Nov 11,2002 he was going downtown
Lexington, Ky to pay his insurance when an old 72 yr
old man driving a olds 98 pulledout in front of him.
His seatbelts were the only thing that has stopped me,
his father from attending his funeral.
  Seatbelts (shoulder belts)are a must. You are right!

Anyway he has located a new frame and bonnet and slant
radiator and all the parts to build it again. Don't
know about steering rack as tires were driven into the
firewall, til pryed out so we could move it.

So there is still hope for you to build another. I
have come to the conclusion that Spittys are an
ongoing project for life.

Am enclosing a cuople of pics. He says he may put some
before and after on his web site when he gets a
chance.

 Good luck,

Donald Stike

--- James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk> wrote:
> My first Spitfire was a lovely Pimento red
> Spitfire... sadly rather
> shabby... but mechanically reasonable - it got me
> around.... and I loved
> it to bits...

http://search.yahoo.com

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of
pic1.jpg]

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of
pic2.jpg]

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of
pic3.jpg]