Re: Need a suggestion...

To: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: Re: Need a suggestion...
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 19:26:09 -0500
At 02:52 PM 3/26/03 -0800, Jeff McNeal wrote:
>After receiving the correct circlip for the one that seemed to be missing
from
>my stub axle (!), I reassembled the suspension just awhile ago and was
feeling
>quite pleased with myself -- until I tried to insert the bolts between the
>outer axle flange and diff flange.  They can only be inserted one way, with
>the head of the bolt on the inside, otherwise, the threaded side will sheer
>off against the allen head bolts for the bearing retaining plate on the diff.

Jeff,

I don't know if this will work, but have you tried slowly turning the flange
and looking for a place that you can insert the bolt.  I believe it's on the
spit that you this problem.  It's been a while since I pulled the rear
1/2 shafts, but I think I got the bolts out, but there is only one spot that
you can do it from.

John

          48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V
                       65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org