Re: 1980 Spitfire 1500 EGR Valve Source

To: rdeaver@charter.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1980 Spitfire 1500 EGR Valve Source
From: StuCohen@aol.com
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 18:03:21 -0500
I had the same problem a couple years ago after one of THE MOST THOROUGH
emmissions inspections I've ever had.  It lasted over an hour, and the
technician kept phoning people for consults when there was something he
couldn't figure out.  Anyway, I found the EGR valve on E-bay (where else?).  In
fact, it was the first time I ever used E-bay, and it took less than a week to
get the part.  That may be your only source.  Before turning to E-bay, I found
that it's the ONLY replacement part for the Spitfire that isn't currently
manufactured new by somebody, somwhere in the world.  The upside is that my
Spit stopped backfiring as much as it was, and at least I'm helping in some
small way to keep those code red days down here in DC.