RE: Modifying rubber compounds - window seals

To: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Modifying rubber compounds - window seals
From: "Craig Smith" <csmith1@awcwire.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 08:17:30 -0500
Paul,
Before I got into the wire business I was in the Wear plate and Mining
business.
One of the products we sold was rubber, it came in different thickness and
in different duromaters.
The guys in the shop would cut and fit it over different items and glue it
in place.
What they used was Acetone and regular Bleach.
The Acetone would make the rubber more pliable, but be careful, it will also
dissolve it.
I would try a bit on the old one to make real sure that it doesn't just eat
it up. I am taking the tack that the rubber is REAL rubber of a latex type
and not a Hypalon or EPDM.

Good luck